Essential Care Insurance Agency is hiring a full-time Health Insurance Agent
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual salary increases
- Bonus program
- Contributions to health insurance
- Paid time off (vacation and personal/sick days)
- Growth potential/On the job training/ Opportunity for advancement within the agency
- High school Diploma or higher educational level
- Active New York State Health Insurance Producer License is required (or should be able to obtain a license before being appointed)
- Languages: English/Russian/Uzbek., English/Russian/Georgian., English/Spanish.
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to use technology and be able to learn new platforms.
- Strong communication, social and marketing skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population, including people of different ethnicities and cultural backgrounds
- Capability of meeting deadlines
- Time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- No previous experience is required, but preferred.
- Ethical behavior and integrity are a must.
- Consumer relations management
- B2B marketing skills
- Ability to build an insurance practice through establishing professional networks and prospecting for new clients, including engaging your community and leveraging personal networks and contacts.
- Professional business demeanor.
- Perseverance in the face of a challenge
- Responsible for achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual enrollment goals and growth targets, as established by management
- Assist potentially eligible recipients with the enrollment process into marketplace health insurance plans
- Provide education and support to individuals who are navigating a complex system by assisting consumers with the application process, explaining requirements and necessary documentation
- Identify and educate prospects on all aspects of the plan including answering questions regarding plan’s features and benefits and walking client through the required disclosures
- Submit all completed applications, adhering to submission deadline dates as imposed by NYSOH enrollment guidelines and requirements
- Responsible for identifying and assisting current members who are due to recertify their healthcare coverage by completing the annual recertification application including adding on additional eligible family members
- Respond to inquiries from prospective and existing members within the marketing guidelines
- Must adhere to all NYSOH rules and regulations as applicable for health insurance agent functions
- Participate in events and community outreach projects as assigned by management
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with external business partners such as hospital and provider organizations, city agencies and community-based organizations where enrollment activities are conducted
- Address member’s inquiries with regards to premium payments, selection of primary care physician, etc.
- Develop and strengthen relations to generate new opportunities
- Attend community health fairs and events as required
- Occasional weekend or evening availability for special events
If you would like to join our team and learn how to become successful in the health insurance industry